Skip to content

Split Capcom arcade VGMs into new subforum?

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• neologix Offline

Split Capcom arcade VGMs into new subforum?

Post by neologix »

"Arcade: Capcom" (or "Capcom" if it's to include non-arcade Q-Sound games) would encompass CPS1 which had a consistent sound system of YM2151 and OKIM6295 and CPS2 (aka Q-Sound) which was pretty strictly only Capcom.

Thoughts?

edit: Wikipedia seems to have a decently large (if not complete) list of CPS-1+CPS-1.5, CPS-2, and if needed for future CPS-3 games
Last edited by neologix on 2012-04-28, 2:29:45, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

You know what, I was thinking about this just a few days ago, but I somehow forgot to post about it, so thanks for reminding me. Yes, the Arcade section is indeed getting crowded, and it will probably need to be split again. On one hand I'm against splitting it too much because it would make it harder for some occasional user to find a particular game if he doesn't know what company made it, but I agree that the major companies might deserve their own section. I'm thinking about big names such as Capcom and Namco, but there might be other ones.
The situation is still manageable so far, there are 76 packs in the "Arcade: Other" section as of now, and the forum is set to display 50 per page. Perhaps the split can be planned for when we reach 100 or something. I'm open to suggestions.
Also known as nineko.
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

konami will definitely be a big one, especially if there later becomes a way to get the bemani series of games into vgm format (which will likely account for the majority of konami sets later on). but yea, right now sega, capcom, namco, and certainly neo-geo (which seems to only have ym2610+a ym3016 dac).
  • Knurek Offline

Post by Knurek »

neologix wrote:konami will definitely be a big one, especially if there later becomes a way to get the bemani series of games into vgm format
Not to rain on your parade, but Bemani games use either CD-DA, encrypted MPEG or encrypted ADPCM.
Not really something that leads itself to VGM format. :)
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

Knurek wrote:
neologix wrote:konami will definitely be a big one, especially if there later becomes a way to get the bemani series of games into vgm format
Not to rain on your parade, but Bemani games use either CD-DA, encrypted MPEG or encrypted ADPCM.
Not really something that leads itself to VGM format. :)
ah, i was actually unsure of what the arcade versions used; i only knew the home versions used some "vb2" compression that neill corlett wrote a tool to rip.