Skip to content

expired security certificate on vgmrips.net website

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

expired security certificate on vgmrips.net website

Post by nitrofurano »

when we access vgmrips.net, it appears a message saying that the security certificate is expired, and it is dangerous accessing it - so i guess that this issue is easy to fix?

thanks in advance, and cheers!

Post by vampirefrog »

thanks for reporting, the cron job updating the certificate was working, but aparently you have to reload nginx every time a certificate is renewed, so I made it reload nginx everytime the cron runs, which is nightly, and should have no impact on performance

Post by jhonmartin692 »

nitrofurano wrote:when we access vgmrips.net, it appears a message saying that the security certificate is expired, and it is dangerous accessing it - so i guess that this issue is easy to fix?

I'm not sure what you mean by "it appears a message". Are you getting a warning from your browser?

Post by vampirefrog »

jhonmartin692 wrote:
nitrofurano wrote:when we access vgmrips.net, it appears a message saying that the security certificate is expired, and it is dangerous accessing it - so i guess that this issue is easy to fix?

I'm not sure what you mean by "it appears a message". Are you getting a warning from your browser?
it's already fixed, dude, relax.

Post by jhonmartin692 »

vampirefrog wrote:
jhonmartin692 wrote:

it's already fixed, dude, relax.
That's great news! though I didn't face any issues. 8| 8|