ComposerMinoru Aoki, unknown
SystemZX Spectrum 128
Sound ChipsAY-3-8912A
Tracks1
Playing time1:45
Pack authorSonic of 8!
Pack version1.01
Last Update2020-04-18

Last edited by Sonic of 8! on 2020-02-26, 5:28:04, edited 1 time in total.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

Composer should be 青木実 (Minoru Aoki?) not Koichi Namiki

Post by Sonic of 8! »

ctr wrote:Composer should be 青木実 (Minoru Aoki?) not Koichi Namiki
Original Arcade Composer name updated. Also, there was an error in the Release Date field (it was 1992 instead of 1991-11). Please re-download.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

ctr wrote:Composer should be 青木実 (Minoru Aoki?) not Koichi Namiki
Did you read that from Sega Retro? I regret drifting away; I would not have allowed that idiotic decision to have the production credits de-romanized to have passed.

That being said, our credits still say Koichi Namiki for the arcade music. (I would also not have allowed the change in composer name to go through without demonstrable proof, which now makes me wonder what the proof is. Some OST?)

(Apparently I had an account here this whole time; welp.)
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

Proof is S.S.T.BAND -30th Anniversary Box-. (see track 10 credits here)

Bluetz Lee was confirmed as not being Koichi Namiki a long time ago, for a while his/her identity was only known as "M.A." (mentioned in the liner notes here) until the Kanji was confirmed in the album linked before. As for the reading, it's not confirmed, hence the question mark. Family name is definitely "Aoki", the given name has a few possibilities but "Minoru" is the most likely here.

Segaretro wiki is full of speculation and I don't really trust it.
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

The primary thing that makes me doubt those particular credits is that they could also be naming the person responsible for the remix arrangement? I don't know what the kanji next to each field in that brochure say, though. (And also Bluetz Lee is listed as the composer *of the Master System port's music* and I would be very surprised if that was done in-house or if they used the original arcade version's nonexistent credits for that.) Though I guess the question then is where did Namiki's name come from here.

As for the Sega Retro credits, yes. There was someone ages ago who went wild on trying to fill in musician credits using whatever scraps of evidence they could find, and I should have put my foot down harder than I did back then. In fact, there's a lot I should have put my foot down harder for there, and a lot that has actually gotten worse since last time, but I don't own the site so there's nothing I can do about it now.