SystemSega Pico
Sound ChipsSEGA VDP PSG
Tracks11
Playing time8:18
Pack authormarklincadet
Pack version1.00
Last Update2022-06-17

Pack author's comment
It's really interesting how the unused jingles that show up in some of these games are actually just left over from previous titles.

There's one that has an unused jingle I haven't identified yet, so I guess I'm gonna keep at this a little longer until I identify it (or confirm it doesn't appear in any other game). Hmmm...
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

In this title screen the Megazord face and the "Bakuryuu Sentai" seem blurry to me. Is there something wrong with Preview.app's handling of the color gray...?

There are two things I can't confirm: that the notes at the loop point behave as they do in the VGMs and that the Failure Jingle ends with that one note on the right channel.

Other than that the rips seem fine to me.

Post by marklincadet »

I can verify that the Failure Jingle plays like that in-game as well as when its Song ID is fed into the sound latch, the latter being how I recorded it.
andlabs wrote:There are two things I can't confirm: that the notes at the loop point behave as they do in the VGMs [...]
Sorry, are you talking about a specific song or in general, and could you elaborate on the behaviour in question?
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Sorry, I meant on the Title Screen theme.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I think I searched for a YouTube video of this game (or maybe one of the Kamen Rider ones?). I found one and the title screen looked exactly like this.

Post by marklincadet »

andlabs wrote:Sorry, I meant on the Title Screen theme.
Here's the VGM log I made for that song- my trim sounded about right to me based on this.
Attachments
picoj_05_04.vgm
(302.44 KiB) Downloaded 68 times