Sound ChipsQSound
Tracks27
Playing time38:34
Pack authorBoxCubed
Pack version1.12
Last Update2021-12-30

Pack author's comment
Environmental-friendly shumup
Last edited by BoxCubed on 2021-10-27, 5:49:22, edited 5 times in total.

Post by slickmandela »

This didn't sound right when I tried playing it, like there were a bunch of instruments missing. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Post by marklincadet »

slickmandela wrote:This didn't sound right when I tried playing it, like there were a bunch of instruments missing. Please tell me I'm not the only one.
It might the VGM player you're using, I've had problems with QSound notes disappearing on some players while sounding fine on others. Bubble Man's theme from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters is an example; it's fine on VGM Input with foobar2000, but part of the lead drops off in my mobile player of choice, Modo.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

The reference for playback should be VGMPlay/in_vgm 0.50 with ctr's Q-Sound core, because that one should be 100% accurate to the original sound chip.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

I think the latest version of the vgmtools should work fine with the QSound HLE, but if there are issues, please send me the unoptimized VGMs too, so I can look at it.
Bubble Man's theme from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters is an example; it's fine on VGM Input with foobar2000, but part of the lead drops off in my mobile player of choice, Modo.
I have not heard of this Modo. Does it use libvgm? Also, are you using the the updated pack? We updated a lot of CPS2 packs to make them compatible with the new QSound HLE.

Post by slickmandela »

I tried the pack in three different players: Foobar, Cog and Audio Overload- they all produced the same result. They're all the latest versions too.

Post by marklincadet »

ctr wrote:I have not heard of this Modo. Does it use libvgm? Also, are you using the the updated pack? We updated a lot of CPS2 packs to make them compatible with the new QSound HLE.
Here's a link. Nice UI, but it's closed-sourced and very outdated (last version was in 2016). The credits indicate it uses kode54's take on Game Music Emu, which obviously doesn't bode well for accuracy either.

It turns out I was using the outdated pack, but the updated one didn't really make a difference in this case.
  • BoxCubed Offline

Post by BoxCubed »

Added tags and fixed Track 01 - QSound Logo
If there are any more problems with them, let me know.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

slickmandela wrote:I tried the pack in three different players: Foobar, Cog and Audio Overload- they all produced the same result. They're all the latest versions too.
I think you'll have to give an example of what tracks that are wrong and specifically what channels or at least a timestamp. Also, try the latest standalone version of VGMPlay.

Post by slickmandela »

ctr wrote:
slickmandela wrote:I tried the pack in three different players: Foobar, Cog and Audio Overload- they all produced the same result. They're all the latest versions too.
I think you'll have to give an example of what tracks that are wrong and specifically what channels or at least a timestamp. Also, try the latest standalone version of VGMPlay.
I recorded what the pack sounds like when I play it in Cog: https://cdn.sndup.net/36kr/My+Recording ... 1632431648 . I then tried some other CPS-2 sets (Armored Warriors; Street Fighter Alpha, etc.) and they sounded normal.

EDIT: And of course, the link I provided was removed. That was fast...
  • BoxCubed Offline

Post by BoxCubed »

I relogged and retrimmed the tracks, also I properly optimized the files since the vgm_cmp I originally had affected the logs. Let me know if there are any problems with this one, thanks.
  • BoxCubed Offline

Post by BoxCubed »

Corrected composer's name.
(Shun Nishigaki -> Syun Nishigaki)