SystemNEC PC-9801
Sound ChipsYM2203
Tracks25
Playing time34:58
Pack authorDekyo-NO
Pack version1.10
Last Update2021-12-05

Pack author's comment
Extra content/omake game from Dragon Half.

More bizarre music, though not as bizarre as Dragon Half but still. Enjoy!
Last edited by Dekyo-NO on 2021-09-28, 9:29:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post by npeckthevgmguy521 »

Well, I came to a listen, and I found out that the music sounds a bit "off" than the original. Some instruments are wrong!

Are you gonna update once you fix the soundtrack?
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

I really don't know if the hoot pack is the one that sounds right or it's my pack. Anyway, this is how the songs sounded when I logged them in the emulator. I guess that's something I won't be able to fix.

Edit: The game sounds normally when I run it but when I log it through GMPV4 it sounds off, really off, even in the emulator itself. As I said before, that's something I can't fix. Well - this pack needs to be removed from the submissions then... Maybe this game isn't supported by GMPV4. I quite doubt it, because "Kax II" is listed in the "confirmed titles" section of the MMD3 driver (for example DRA_1.BGM is from Kax II).
But if nothing can be done about it, I'm afraid you'll have to forget about Kax III and move on.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

OK so I've figured out what's the problem: This driver needs "voice banks" to play songs, they're .bin files. The mistake I did was that I logged the songs using the first bank that GMPV4 found in the directory, in this case it was KAX.BIN. Some songs needed the other voice banks that were included in the game, such as ORARYO.BIN and ORANYO93.BIN. I relogged the songs which needed the correct bank to play. I also added a comment mentioning the voice bank that the song is using.

Edit: Pack updated.

Post by npeckthevgmguy521 »

Thank you!

VB edit: Removed fullquote