SystemSharp X68000
Sound ChipsYM2151
Tracks41
Playing time1:17:23
Pack authorcodeman38
Pack version1.02
Last Update2017-08-19

Pack author's comment
Arsys' X68000 conversion of Spindizzy Worlds has a completely different soundtrack from the Amiga or SNES versions-- and a much lengthier one, with each of the game's 30 stages having a separate background tune!

All track titles are taken from the sound test menu, which, like the rest of the game's user interface, is entirely in English.

As is typical of Arsys' X68000 work, this game does not use the OKIM6258 chip at all.
  • codeman38 Offline

Post by codeman38 »

Additional notes:
  • Regarding the track note in "NICE DAY": I believe this tune is used for the second half of the Easy World ending sequence, but I can't be 100% sure without completing that entire series of levels. I found a playthrough on NicoNico that includes both difficulty levels, but although it shows the full ending for Hard World, it cuts the Easy World ending off before the second track would have started. (If anyone who's played the game far enough to see the Easy World ending can confirm or deny this, please let me know, and I'll modify the track note accordingly.)
  • Finding the correct loop point in "Endless Move" was surprisingly tricky. Yes, there's an intro section that lasts for about 1:02, but that was the easy part. The difficult part is that, although the melody cleanly loops from 1:02, the bass line doesn't-- it slowly evolves from that point until it finally stabilizes. Although the bass line seems to stabilize at 1:22, there's a riff at the end of each 8-bar phrase during the loop which isn't there yet, and which doesn't appear until the phrase starting around 1:42!
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Awesome. *purging all other versions and formats from hard drive*
Now to loop Paradise for a while...

Post by npeckthevgmguy521 »

Such nice music... This is one of the best pieces of game music ever crafted, and it was on a clone of Marble Madness!

Some of my favorites are:
- The intro tunes, Zoom Up (gets you pumped to play) and Paradise (A relaxing title screen theme)
- CLUSTER (World map theme) hypes you up for the next level
- Ramp Run, the first time limited level, keeps you on your toes!
- Lavalite, which might seem hot, has a rockin' jazz-like tune.
- EasyDizzy, which keeps you tested for past challenges of the previous planets of EasyDizzy
- The Store Demo ending theme, NICE DAY, which is such a relaxing and uplifting melody... I get nostalgic vibes as well!
- Beginners! This theme is exciting, and possibly the first theme you might hear after starting the next set of levels on SpinDizzy.
- Pyramidea, which for a desert level, has it's music flow with a radical rocking tune that might make your head bop!
- Ballrace is fast and hyper, fits the level's mood of fighting against a quick time limit!
- Frigia has a cool tune for a cool level.
- Castle Quest's music embraces the thrill of an amazing adventure as you trek the castle.
- The next level's music, Tower City, makes you feel like you are so high up in the world with it's sky-high beats.
- Water World, has a hard-hitting tune for one of the final levels on your adventure.
- SpinDizzy!, the final level, tells to you, "Come on! You can do it! This is your final strech till the final goal!" with it's epic rock.
- Finally, the staff roll theme, Eternal Move, is a refreshing and emotional tune that fits out of a blockbuster film's credits, just like this game.

In a nutshell, the music in this game is very good... One of the greatest video game music I ever listened to! :wink:

Edit: Changed the "NICE DAY" location because I found the real source of where this track plays.
Last edited by npeckthevgmguy521 on 2023-02-07, 16:44:46, edited 1 time in total.

codeman38 wrote: Regarding the track note in "NICE DAY": I believe this tune is used for the second half of the Easy World ending sequence, but I can't be 100% sure without completing that entire series of levels. I found a playthrough on NicoNico that includes both difficulty levels, but although it shows the full ending for Hard World, it cuts the Easy World ending off before the second track would have started. (If anyone who's played the game far enough to see the Easy World ending can confirm or deny this, please let me know, and I'll modify the track note accordingly.)
Well I found where "NICE DAY" plays! It played at the end of the store demo, during the end screen. https://youtu.be/I81Vmj88ieQ?t=261

Re: Spindizzy II

There was also an unused Arsys Logo jingle found in the files too, as shown by this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7oCa-AOvQ&t=3493s

Re: Spindizzy II

So, an update to the Spindizzy 2 VGM pack must be done:

It will add new tracks seen in other soundtrack videos, which are:

- Flash Logo (the sound heard when the screen flashes white in the Arsys Logo, possibly after "Arsys Logo" in the rip)
- Note (the soothing track heard in the copyright screen, comes after "Flash Logo" and before "Zoom Up" in the rip)
- Gathering (the sound of GERALD appearing at the start of a level, comes after "CLUSTER" and before "Tutorial" in the rip)
- Explosion 1 (the sound of a normal planet exploding after clearing it, comes after "HURRY UP!" and before "Quadrant 2" in the rip)
- Escape (the sound of GERALD escaping Spindizzy after clearing it, comes after "Spindizzy!" and before the next track shown next in the rip)
- Explosion 2 (the sound of Spindizzy exploding after GERALD escapes, comes after "Escape" and before the next track shown next in the rip)
- All Clear (the jingle that plays after Spindizzy explodes, comes after "Explosion 2" and before "Ending" in the rip)
- Unused Arsys Logo (the jingle that was supposed to be used for the Arsys Logo, comes after "NICE DAY" in the rip, see previous post on the link of the unused jingle)

Note that NICE DAY comes after Eternal Move in the update, because it was used as the ending for the shop demo.