Playing time29:25
Pack author2ch-N
Pack version1.00
Last Update2014-08-26

Import details
  • Splats Offline

Minor error with "Round 2"

Post by Splats »

This pack has a barely noticeable mistake with the song "Round 2". If you listen closely, you can hear a "click" sound the moment the song starts; it's the same one currently placed right at the end of the loop. Listen here at about 5:11.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Also this may be nitpicky, but wouldn't the correct terminology be Proto(type), rather than Beta?
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

blitzlunar wrote:Also this may be nitpicky, but wouldn't the correct terminology be Proto(type), rather than Beta?
This was a fierce orthodoxical/dogmatic push when I first got into this retro game scene but now 10+ years on I'm starting to wonder what we got out of it other than Pavloving ourselves to recoil in horror at the word "beta" in our own writing

Anyway this is a project2612 pack so mistakes will need correcting, and the name change might be included as one when I review a submitted correction

Post by Kaminari »

Prototype would be a concept (not necessarily leading to a commercial release), while beta implies a preproduction process.

So in my opinion:

prototype = unreleased
beta = prerelease
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Kaminari wrote:Prototype would be a concept (not necessarily leading to a commercial release), while beta implies a preproduction process.

So in my opinion:

prototype = unreleased
beta = prerelease
This is the usage that no-intro uses (or used as recently as 2020; need to check the latest filenames)