Pack authorDJ Squarewave
Pack version1.00
Last Update2014-08-26

Import details
  • Splats Offline

"Unused" track and set name

Post by Splats »

Two things to note for this set.

First, the song "Unused Track" is used for the high score screen, as heard here at about 1:34:55... the very end of the video.

(In the arcade version, it's the boss theme. Anyone's guess why Probe changed this, but it might be relevant that the arcade's high score theme was a remix of the boss theme.)

Second, the name of this set is "Super Smash T.V." (with periods in T.V.), but the name of the arcade set is just "Smash TV". I know the Genesis sets were pulled from Project 2612, but it's worth mentioning. I'm not sure which is more common; the Wikipedia article lists it as (Super) Smash TV, but either way...
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Splats wrote:Second, the name of this set is "Super Smash T.V." (with periods in T.V.), but the name of the arcade set is just "Smash TV". I know the Genesis sets were pulled from Project 2612, but it's worth mentioning. I'm not sure which is more common; the Wikipedia article lists it as (Super) Smash TV, but either way...
The Super Smash TV name comes from the box: https://segaretro.org/images/3/39/Super ... US_Box.jpg
  • Splats Offline

Post by Splats »

andlabs wrote:
Splats wrote:Second, the name of this set is "Super Smash T.V." (with periods in T.V.), but the name of the arcade set is just "Smash TV". I know the Genesis sets were pulled from Project 2612, but it's worth mentioning. I'm not sure which is more common; the Wikipedia article lists it as (Super) Smash TV, but either way...
The Super Smash TV name comes from the box: https://segaretro.org/images/3/39/Super ... US_Box.jpg
I was aware that the Genesis version is called Super Smash TV on the box (like some of the other home versions). I was more referring to how that version's set has "T.V." with periods in the title while the arcade's set has just "TV" without periods.

I was kind of thinking that that post didn't quite get the message across, but hopefully things are clearer now.
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Ah! Yeah we can fix that; thanks.