SystemArcade Machine
Sound ChipsYM2151, uPD7759
Tracks12
Playing time2:40
Pack authormarklincadet
Pack version1.00
Last Update2023-07-07

Pack author's comment
One more Namco elemecha, this time starring a cast of cute and mischevious aliens that would go on to appear in a bunch of similar elemechas and even a pair of arcade games (in which this game stars as a bonus round). The sound hardware on this one is about as lavish as it gets when it comes to these too, using an OPM when it was cheaper to use weaker FM or PSG chips before and just as affordable to use sample chips after.
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

I'm pretty sure the name is Cosmo Gang singular even in Japan? The Japan-only sequels definitely are (and also wait did this even get a US release?)

Post by marklincadet »

It very definitely is called Cosmo Gangs with a S in Japan, searching up コズモギャングズ should pull up the relevant cabinet images. I guess the confusion comes from the way the S was dropped from the video game sequels.

The US version was released by Data East, and their logo shows up under the Cosmo Gang logo (without the S). It's the version that's dumped in MAME with the Japanese version actually MIA (hence my avoiding of voices aside from the Pro Course ending).
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Huh. Odd. Okay!