MSX2 (YM2413, AY-3-8910)

Moderator: Staff

• ValleyBell Offline

Burai

Post by ValleyBell »

TitleBurai
ComposerChihiro Fujioka
SystemMSX2
Sound ChipsOPLL (YM2413), PSG (AY-3-8910)
Tracks25
Playing time57:33
Pack authorsdsnatcher73
Pack version1.00
Last Update2022-01-23

Download Computers/MSX/Burai_(MSX2,_OPLL).zip (683 379 bytes)

Pack author's comment
Much better than the PSG only version ;)
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Is this called "Burai" or "Burai Joukan"?
Please use the same title everywhere. Or make a note about Western/European vs. Japanese title, if those are different.
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

I think "Joukan" is a subtitle but I can't say for sure. From what I can tell Riverhillsoft were very inconsistent with whether they presented it and where and how, and it seems magazines were equally confused. Furthermore the sequel is Burai II: [subtitle] and the Mega CD remake of this game is Burai: [entirely different subtitle that isn't Joukan].

Post by sdsnatcher73 »

It is Burai Joukan or BURAI上巻 in Japanese but the Western title as far as I know is Burai. The Japanese tags reflect the official name. Let me know how I should proceed.
  • octaedre Offline

Post by octaedre »

I think the title is Burai Joukan, with 上巻 meaning "first volume" or "first book". It seems to imply they wanted to follow a book numbering pattern (possibly with two more games named Burai中巻 and Burai下巻) but then dropped the analogy altogether… Probably why the subtitle was omitted for subsequent re-releases.

On another note, it sounds to me like there are channels missing in this version. The "At the end of the desert" track has harmony and a bass line that doesn't seem to be there in the file? Just wanted to make sure if that was normal or not.