SystemSNK Neo Geo
Sound ChipsYM2610
Tracks26
Playing time57:59
Pack authorThe Green Herring
Pack version1.01
Last Update2014-09-15

Pack author's comment
My fifteenth submission! The third game in SNK's longest-running series, The King of Fighters '96 saw a complete reconstruction of the gameplay and sprites. The soundtrack has once again improved, with not only better composition and sample quality but increased variety in musical styles (check out the Fatal Fury Team's mellow theme or Mr. Big's suave music). Listen to this at your earliest convenience!

Post by The Golden Horse »

I just did a very minor update to the pack to edit the team name in the English title of track 4. I originally used "Protagonist Team" for "主人公チーム" instead of the translation of "Heroes Team" seen on the VGMDB album page because "protagonist" is what "主人公" (shujinkō) means (a "protagonist" is not by definition a hero; Caleb from Blood is the protagonist but definitely not a hero). But I just checked the official English King of Fighters website (specifically this page) and it turns out SNK Playmore uses "Hero Team" themselves (but not "Heroes Team") for every game where it applies. So now the team name in the English title matches what SNK officially uses. I also put an underscore in the filename where the "?" in "Esaka?" should be (because filenames don't support "?") to prevent future confusion with "Esaka" from [pack] The King of Fighters '94. (GTheGuardian ought to do the same with his King of Fighters '98 pack because both tracks appear in that game.)

Please redownload!