Skip to content

Need help ripping sfiii3rd strike (non vgm format)

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

• kirishima Offline

Post by kirishima »

Those files look like extras related to the conversion, all you really need is just the midi's with the soundfont which are already there.

Post by insertnamehere »

btw thanks kirishima, in these days i wanted to take a little break before trying to fix that song.
thinking of making a schedule, but never been too great at respecting these.

and yes, dragon, you could use synthphone (with audacity, if it doesnt support audio rendering), or any music software that supports soundfonts, to record the channels.

Post by insertnamehere »

actually, it was a quick fix, now theres more of that "leftover" data, but song 36 will loop properly,
player reccomended is still xmplay with the midi plugin,
and i guess you have to edit some preferences with foobar 2000, lxix69

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19QrxR8 ... sp=sharing

CPS-III Music Completed

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

Thank you so much for saving me the trouble. After doing numerous researches of software that supports the CPS-III MiDi files, I personally thank you for giving me the answers I needed for years. Now, I can do the Street Fighter III music with more drums and bass project.

Post by insertnamehere »

no problem

sfiii2's song 15 (ibuki's theme) needs loop start point adjusting

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

I see. I also noticed that there are certain issues with the snare channel(s) on Street Fighter III New Generation. I've listed which songs are suffering the snare issues in the text document...
Attachments
SFIIING.txt
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Post by insertnamehere »

ok, i need to know one more thing, did you re-save the soundfont in vienna?
also, the player you're using, and a brief description of the problems, if you know some more details (sorry, not too familiar with sfiii new generation's music)
thanks

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

No, I didn't know anything about Vienna. I was using both XMplay and Midi Player to listen to the CPS-III music (Street Fighter III series) to hear certain instruments on certain channels. For certain channels I've listed on those songs, the snare is not ending probably. You'll hear it once you get a chance to listen to the music in that folder. Also, on Street Fighter III New Generation: song 1 (Player Select), I noticed the song is too short and needs to be extended a little bit longer; just to let you know.

Post by insertnamehere »

sorry for the unannounced break i took, in this period, in the date of posting this message, i dont have much will to resume developement... im sorry, will make it up in the future

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

It's okay. Something just popped in my head and I was wondering if I could fade those channels out to make it sound exactly like the Arcade version. I'll test it out. If it doesn't come out right, I'll abort it and you'll have to check it out in the future to see if those channels can be fixed whenever you get a chance. This type of things are out of my area of expertise.

Post by insertnamehere »

saw the soundfonts begin posted on musical artifacts, so i decided to restart development, somewhat
probably will organise a schedule.

there are still some problems with adsr, iirc

Post by insertnamehere »

here, fixed the sustain level, that was cutting too short
turns out i did a lot of mistakes when "copying" some code from vgmtrans

please tell me if there's another issue, either with the songs or the soundfont

Post by insertnamehere »

if its all good with the music, then i should be able to post it on musical artifacts

Post by insertnamehere »

if its all good with the music, then i should be able to post it on musical artifacts

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

They sound okay so far. Just that the Fighter Select on "Street Fighter III: New Generation" needed to be extended a little longer. I haven't listened to the rest of the CPS-III music besides the Street Fighter III series.