Skip to content

Need help ripping sfiii3rd strike (non vgm format)

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

Post by insertnamehere »

Doesnt it loop for you?
You should be able to make songs loop in xmplay: go to options (you can right click on the program itself to open it)-> input-> midi-> autolooping (below the voice limit slider), and set that to loop points detected.
Will probably add a feature wich allows you to choose how many times the you want the song to repeat, but it would influence all songs.

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

Already had that set, just that the song ends once the duration has reached.

Post by insertnamehere »

also had the looptrack option while playing the songs?

in the default skin, its the double arrow spiraling towards a capitalised letter A, click it to set it, and a second time to set it as automatic (when loop points are detected)

because for me the character select theme loops

EDIT: also try now if the song is long enough:
song1.7z
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 265 times

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

That'll do. Thank you.

Post by insertnamehere »

Got a little gaught up in a course exam im doing, and lacked the desire to post it on musical artifacts, for some reason, might do it later...

Post by BlackYoshi485 »

Whenever you can would you be able to take a look at some kinks with the jojoban rip pls?

Rubber Soul, Mariah intro/ending and Petshop intro/ending are missing (according to the DC version their IDs should come after song 60), some incorrect tempos such as in Midler's theme (song 15, should have a higher tempo), envelopes are missing attack values (noticeable on the drums and piano compared to ingame), and the percussion is supposed to be generally much louder.

Post by insertnamehere »

hello, thanks for the feedback,
unfortunately i have still to complete my course's exams, and not able to look into these potential problems until i finish it, which might take the whole mont of agust at best.

thanks again

Edit: in general, i will focus on this exam for all of august, september, and maybe october

Post by insertnamehere »

sorry again, i didn't have the will to work on these issues before my school started again, and started buying and checking parts for my first desktop...

just giving it a quick glance there seems to be a gap between the 60 it can extract and the extra songs, and this program stops immediately when there's a gap (offsets that are set to 00000000), which was fine for other games, but also i didn't have the expirience to make it ignore these blank spaces.

Post by DRAGONUNKNOWN »

On song 26 from Street Fighter III New Generation, at the time stamps of 01:42.6, that's where the actual loop starts for that song, not at 01:08.7. Channels starts to stop at that loop before the song ends. Think you can go back to re-arrange the loop fix whenever you get a chance?

Post by MixerProductions »

Hey insertnamehere, if you are every looking for a new project to start it would be amazing if you could make something like this for the Sony ZN-1 and ZN-2.

Similar to the CPS3 it also uses a sequenced music format which sounds like it's pretty much the same as CPS2 and CPS3,

There are some amazing soundtracks on there like Rival Schools and Plasma Sword series
  • dongle Offline

Post by dongle »

Popping in to say thanks, insertnamehere, for all your work and for sharing your bounty.