Skip to content

Introduce yourselves

Say hello to the other forum members :)

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

• Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Introduce yourselves

Post by Tom »

In this thread you can say hello and tell something about yourself to the other forum members.

My name is Tom and I will be your friendly neighbourhood administrator :cop:
Also known as nineko.
  • Jacko Offline

Post by Jacko »

The name is Scott. Based in Aussie land, work in the IT industry. Been a member of SMS Power for a number of years too. I am also the voice behind SMS Power Radio as some of you will already know.

Keen to rip some packs for you guys but also keen to listen to them.

I am an avid musician still actively playing Sax and Piano, and I also have a Yamaha FB-01 Synth on the way so keep an ear out for some original compositions.

Thanks All,
Scott
  • DalekSam Offline

Post by DalekSam »

Hello, I'm DalekSam. I'm in the part of the Emerald Isle that doesn't like beer and instead bombs. I'm a common composer and producer and worked with VGM files for a while, since at least mid 2008. I was also referred here from Tom's post on the SSRG.

I haven't actively made rips but maybe that will change.

I've also recently obtained a MIDI keyboard, though I can't play other instruments particularly well.

Also, I play a lot of Worms games, Armageddon and WWP in particular and still exercise my Yu-Gi-Oh! skills for whatever reason, though I don't reveal it often.
Last edited by DalekSam on 2011-12-11, 12:48:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Oerg866 »

Yo doods, I'm oerg866 and I host this site and I like VGM files and music n stuffs.

I compose music primarily for use on the Mega Drive and somtimes just regular module files.

Genre-wise I don't know really but for some reason people can tell if a song is mine. So I guess I have my own :V I concetrate on 80s disco-ish sound though. Because it's awesome.

I'm also a programmer. I made a PCM ripper for MD/Genes-only VGM files. Don't know if it still works on the newer ones though, as it's two years old by now.

I wrote xm2esf (a MD music tool) and fix bugs in Echo, a new MD Sound driver.

I'm active in the demoscene and wrote a demo together with Jorge last year. Doing the same right now for next year. :P

You can find me in world's biggest demoscene party, Revision (www.revision-party.net) or DoReCo / Homecon retro computing/gaming events in Germany :V

I collect vintage 70s/80s cassette decks and other hifi components, and I also collect blank or used cassettes. Got any? Gimme!

I once made a VGM rip too! FIFA Soccer '95, although IIRC project2612 did not care about it. FU!
Last edited by Oerg866 on 2011-12-11, 18:49:43, edited 1 time in total.
former VGMRips server hoster :)

Server uptime: http://www.mdscene.net/index2.php

Post by Tiido »

Everyone knows who I am :P
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
  • Jacko Offline

Post by Jacko »

Tiido wrote:Everyone knows who I am :P
Very funny.... :P

Still haven't made your super super awesome megadrive sound mod yet.

Post by Oerg866 »

Tiido wrote:Everyone knows who I am :P
I don't =P

... *runs*

• ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

The thread is growing, so I'll do my part, too.

I'm Valley Bell, the current maintainer of the VGM format, so if you have any questions about VGMs, feel free to ask me.

I rip VGM music and make players and tools around VGMs.
I also love MIDIs and game music in general.

I'm playing electronic keyboard and pipe organ. (the only hobbies where I don't sit in front of a computer :))

I like playing Sonic games and JRPGs.

I also enjoy programming (that's what I'm doing every day), hacking and reverse-engineering.

Post by Oerg866 »

Welcome!

(Wie in so 'ner Selbsthilfegruppe "Mein name ist ValleyBell" "hallo ValleyBell" ;)

Post by Sonic of 8! »

So, vgmrips.org was founded, hmm?

My nickname is Sonic of 8!, and I was the most Arcade VGM Ripper. Most of my ones uses YM2151. Now is time to grant a new releases, more from consoles and computers.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣

Post by Oerg866 »

Welcome!

• Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

Hello. I'm Tomy. I love FM music, and mainly compose for the YM2612.
Even though YM2151 kinda is my favourite sound chip, but there's no good software for it. There is VOPM, but I don't like it much. Well, I've used MML couple of times, but damn is it hard.. :D

Really interested about the vgm releases uploaded here and of course the homebrew releases too!
  • Sik Offline
  • Not a musician
    Not a musician

Post by Sik »

Hello, I'm an idiot! =P (yes, I had to say that)

Also main programmer of Project MD and Echo.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Tomy wrote:Hello. I'm Tomy.
Hello, nice username, I apologise in advance if some idiot will PM you thinking you are me :ihih:
Also known as nineko.
  • ShannonMD Offline

Post by ShannonMD »

Welp, seeing as I was too busy (read: lazy) to get around to this sooner (and seeing as only a few people here know me...)

I'm Reverie, a bored sort of person who messes with VGMs, MDXs, and other such formats. I usually work on SMPS arrangements, but I am experimenting with other things such as Echo (and hopefully in the future the High Seas Havoc engine if I can stop being lazy and start researching), as well as a bit of stuff in Famitracker. I was referred here by DalekSam on BadnikNET's #SSRG.

I'm the laid-back sort who plays a lot of video games, and I do mean a lot. JRPG, Platformer, Good, Bad, Legit, Unlicensed Bootleg hack shit, you name it.

In regards to music outside of video game stuff, I have an old keyboard lying around somewhere and a drumset.

Oh, and I'm known for liking quite a bit of anime-ish stuff.