vgmrips

The forum about vgm files
It is currently 2021-04-10, 16:18:19

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 2021-01-16, 23:48:31 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Musicians Musicians
Contributors Contributors
Reverse engineers Reverse engineers

Time for some updates - and new releases.

Today: VGMPlay 0.50.1 (Win32 and Win64 binary) and in_vgm 0.50.1 (Win32 DLL, ANSI and Unicode version).
Source code can be obtained from GitHub: libvgm, VGMPlay, in_vgm

The VGMPlay updates fixes the file name codepage issue. Now it can finally open and play "スペースハリアー - 03 - Main BGM.vgm".
It also fixes the volume balance of the C140 and C219 chips, which was off in v0.50.0.
All in all it's mostly a bugfix release.

We also now finally have an up-to-date version of in_vgm. Much thanks to ctr to the extensive testing during the last few weeks.
Most things should work just the same as with the old version. But there are a few things to note:
  • I merged RF5C68 and RF5C164, as they are basically the same chip, so the RF5C164 is now controlled with the RF5C68 settings.
  • YM2612 users: Nuked OPN2 now defaults to unfiltered output. If you want to have the MegaDrive filter back, you need to edit in_vgm.ini and change the "YM2612 NukedType" to 3.
  • You can do per-channel panning to the AY8910 and OPNx SSG.
  • There is a button "Open INI" in the options dialog now that opens in_vgm.ini in an editor. (The file can be hard to find.)
    Note: Only make changes while Winamp is closed. (Else the plugin will overwrite your changes.)
  • You can enable S98 and DRO playback by editing the .ini file.

...oh, and you can select the Nuked OPM core for YM2151 in both players now.

Enjoy!

P.S.: And for the next release, I want to build VGMPlay 32-bit and in_vgm ANSI with Visual C++ 6 again, so that they work under Windows 2000. (Current builds use with Visual Studio 2010, so at least they work on WinXP SP3.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2021-01-22, 22:08:04 

I'm surprised there haven't been any replies yet!
Thank you very much for sharing this update with us...after more than a year, it is wonderful that VGMPlay and in_vgm are still being updated.
It's ESPECIALLY wonderful that support is being maintained for XP, and that 2000 support may be restored in the future.
I still use XP for many reasons, the number one reason being 'it just works - and works great.'

It is great to see VGMRips still around, and I look forward to seeing what happens with the site and its members going forward.
If I can be of assistance, even if it's not much, I'll definitely try to help when and where possible with anything I can.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2021-02-22, 4:18:45 

Does anyone know if the foobar plugin will be updated at some point?
I don't use Winamp anymore and it's much more convenient to load VGM files into foobar than the standalone program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2021-03-13, 16:46:21 

Hi, today I updated my cloned libvgm repository and compiled again on Windows 10.
Driver problem activation is solved.

Code:
C:\Users\gzaff\Devs\libvgm\build>bin\Release\player.exe ".\..\..\..\Music\BotB 32055 JonKaruzu - Be Worst Game Cheat-litchy.vgz"
Opening Audio Device ...
Using driver DirectSound.
Opening Device 0 ...
Loading BotB 32055 JonKaruzu - Be Worst Game Cheat-litchy.vgz ...  VGM v161, Total Length: 138.78 s, Loop Length: 0.00 s
Song Title: Be Worst Game Cheat-litchy
Song End.38.73 / 138.78 ...
Done.

Previously I needed to manually disable some drivers selection, now disabling is not required.

Code:
C:\Users\gzaff\Devs\libvgm\build>cmake -D AUDIODRV_WASAPI=OFF -D AUDIODRV_XAUDIO2=OFF ..
C:\Users\gzaff\Devs\libvgm\build>cmake --build . --config Release

I would like to know, if possible, did somebody work on this issue?

Thank You for keeping libvgm moving fast!

Giangiacomo

Last edited by lo zaffo on 2021-03-13, 23:38:28, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2021-03-13, 19:43:50 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Musicians Musicians
Contributors Contributors
Reverse engineers Reverse engineers

IIRC I made the "player" application use the first device on Windows (usually WinMM) and the last device on Linux (PulseAudio or libao).
It is still a hack, but that is what works best.
(ALSA is not always the optimal solution on Linux. WASAPI under Windows requires a certain output sample rate.)

Keep in mind that just updating the cloned repository keeps the CMake config intact.
So XAudio2 and WASAPI are probably still disabled for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23