ComposerRichard Wagner, unknown
SystemArcade Machine
Sound ChipsYM2151, OKIM6295
Tracks14
Playing time15:28
Pack authorDekyo-NO
Pack version1.23
Last Update2021-09-18

Download Arcade/Wild_Pilot_(Arcade).zip (1 389 493 bytes)

Pack author's comment
Yet another Jaleco game.
Last edited by Dekyo-NO on 2021-09-08, 14:12:09, edited 7 times in total.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

If the game uses a unique hardware platform/PCB, we usually just enter "Arcade Machine" as the system name. Although the games in the MAME driver "cischeat.cpp" seem to be closely related, they aren't based on the same PCB.

For the remaining track, you can try writing directly to the sound chip in MAME using the debugger. Launch MAME with the "-d" parameter, start emulation with F5 and write directly to the sound latch with "w@80008=0001" (the last number is the sound ID)
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

If I understand you correctly, should the system name be changed in the VGM tags? Should I change the "topic description" field as well?
Thank you for the instructions to get the remaining track! I'll try.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Yes, please change the VGM system tag to "Arcade Machine" and fix the txt file accordingly.
Adjusting the topic description would nice as well.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

The pack was updated, please redownload.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

Hi, the pack has been updated again. I can't believe this, but sound test 0C (08 Victory.vgz) was in the wrong pitch.

I noticed this when out of a strange curiosity I was checking the sound test. Sound test 0C can vary in pitch, depending on the music that was played earlier.
For example, if you play sound test 01 and then 0C, or sound test 02 and then sound test 0C, it will sound different. I've checked videos of real hardware, and they both sound same as the first case (sound test 01 and then 0C).
Sorry for the inconvenience :lol:.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

A couple of messages to relay from CHz (VGMdb) via Discord:

Yasuyuki Suzuki doesn't say in SUPER Rom Cassette Disc In JALECO that he worked on it
He says he worked on the game's predecessor, something unreleased called Gun Baron

I don't suppose it's possible to seek further verification though...

It does sound very much like music in other games he worked on. I actually think his and Atsu's arrangement styles are extremely similar and can be difficult to tell apart. Also this is really good, so thanks again for logging it.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

Yep, I supose I should empty the composer tag then. But it sounds really Suzuki for me. It even resembles some themes from Hayaoshi Quiz: Ouza Ketteisen in some aspects.
For example, the panning of the sounds from left to right in "Boss 1" at 0:58, is the same style applied in "Ending" of Hayaoshi Quiz: Ouza Ketteisen (also newly ripped Jaleco arcade game), at the same time the melody of "Ending" sounds the same as the staff roll theme of Banishing Racer for Game Boy, whose composer is confirmed.
Atsu does that too, but his style is different.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

Update: Removed Yasuyuki Suzuki from the composer tags - it's not officially confirmed if he did the soundtrack.
It's better that way, assumptions and guesses can be in the notes section.
I'm doing this just to make sure I'm not spreading misinformation, despite the "it sounds the same as" or "it sounds similar to" statements.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

I think that's the right thing to do, though I wouldn't rule out Suzuki working on it either.

Just to make things more interesting, I just noticed that "Boss 1" has the Atsu lick at 0:59 :lol: which is kind of a giveaway. Ah man, we need answers...
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

Yeah, definitely we need answers on this... Even Atsu worked in little Jaleco arcade games but he isn't credited in any way. Arm Champs II for example. You can't go wrong with his style there.