Skip to content

Ripping and extracting music from N-Gage games

Technical discussion about the VGM format, and all the software you need to handle VGM files.

Moderator: Staff

Ripping and extracting music from N-Gage games

Post by Igoreshazhu »

Good Day! I have a question: how extract and rip music from N-Gage games, especially games that supported NAX Sound Engine by Shin'en? I also have audio files ".o" from Payload, which uses same soundfont, that used in most games that supported GAX Sound Engine, but sound quality is even worse.

Post by Igoreshazhu »

Here's unconverted files from Payload: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Post by Igoreshazhu »

Any luck?

Post by marklincadet »

Hey there, I asked someone who's very knowledgable about N-Gage in general about this some time back and he suggested asking on The Nokia N-Gage Discord. There's people there who should have knowledge about ripping data, and might be able to help you out.

Post by Igoreshazhu »

marklincadet wrote:Hey there, I asked someone who's very knowledgable about N-Gage in general about this some time back and he suggested asking on The Nokia N-Gage Discord. There's people there who should have knowledge about ripping data, and might be able to help you out.
Thanks, but i tried, it didn't helped. Nobody answered to me.

Post by Igoreshazhu »

Finally, i recorded soundtrack from Payload. I hope, that someone can did HQ Rip of this game.

Re: Ripping and extracting music from N-Gage games

Post by Igoreshazhu »

Well, i'm also tried extract XMs from Payload using GAXM by Droolie, this tool really didn't supports music files from N-Gage game, despite that GAX-based sound driver.

Also, Gaxtapper by loveemu can't supports N-Gage games, too.