ComposerMichael Z. Land, Patrick Mundy
OSDOS
Sound ChipsAdLib/OPL (YM3812)
Tracks17
Playing time18:37
Pack author47iscool
Pack version2.30
Last Update2015-08-25

Last edited by 47iscool on 2015-06-05, 1:50:39, edited 2 times in total.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Ohhh awesome - Monkey Island 1.

Anyway, a few issues:
  • The loop in "The Lookout" is buggy.
  • The pack lacks an .m3u playlist. The .txt file format should follow the rules from this post. (There is a separate template for PC/DOS packs.)
  • For the correct playlist order, I recommend this list. That's the approximate ingame order.
    Note that "Introduction" from that rip contains 3 tracks: Intro, The Lookout, Chapter BGM (in that order)
  • The picture looks a bit blurry. Please use DOSBox's internal PNG screenshot key and don't rescale the image.
  • For future DOS rips, you should use [pack] this version of DOSBos to log DRO files, since it makes looping the files a lot easier. The game actually loops the music from beginning to end, so in theory you could set start sample = loop sample.
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

I don't understand what you by looping from beginning to end. I am not sure how to do this. Unless you mean for me just to record all three songs in one.

I will try to fix that other stuff you mentioned though.

Also just so you know I am new at using vgmtools. Is there a pack newer than the 2011 one?
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

The last release is from [pack] 2012. (which is indeed quite old by now, although there are bugfix releases for a few of the tools)

About that looping thing ... it's not so important and might need a more detailed explanation.

On the OST page I posted, "01 - Introduction" contains 3 songs in one. You don't need to record all ones to the same file - I just wanted to give you a hint how they sorted the songs. (So that you don't wonder where the additional songs are that are in your pack but not listed.)

And something I just noticed:
There are two variations of "Storekeeper & Woods". The one that is already in the pack is used when following the shopkeeper only. The alternative version has additional chords and is the usual "Woods" Theme.
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

Well then I will record the other woods version.

The screenshot looks like that because it was shot using ScummVM with HQ graphic scaling. I will use DOSBox to take another like you said.

I should be able to upload it tomorrow. I don't have internet at home so I use where and when I can.

Also please excuse any typos or poorly worded sentences, I'm doing the uploading and typing with a droid so it's more frustrating.
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

Updated with new link.
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

Might need to raise the volume a bit. Should be done tomorrow see ya then.
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

Updated again.

Could not figure out how to raise the volume though.

The lookout song in the bonus folder has had the 1 second worth of silence removed.

Also added the ASCII art and vgmrips URL to the top of the text file.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I mean to post this earlier - a lot earlier.
http://vgmrips.net/submissions/The_Secr ... _PC_AT).7z

This is pretty much how it should be. No subfolders, correct linebreaks in the .txt (so that no line is longer than the header)
This is also what I meant with ordering the tracks like in the OST. I don't think there is a need for the combined "Introduction" track.
If there is something that is completely different from what you wanted, feel free to tell me though. (I also didn't know where to put "The Machine" - it's been a while since I played MI1.)
  • 47iscool Offline

Post by 47iscool »

Looks fine to me.