ComposerNaoki Kodaka
SystemNintendo Entertainment System /
Family Computer
Tracks12
Playing time19:37
Pack author2ch-H
Pack version1.00
Last Update2015-08-25

Download NES/Journey_to_Silius_(NES).zip (258 469 bytes)
Last edited by 2ch-H on 2015-07-16, 5:37:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JFD62780 »

ermmmmmmm . . .

Doesn't Stage 2 have two more verses of melody? :?
(has heard the NSF file a few times)
Until next post...
  • 2ch-H Offline

Post by 2ch-H »

Thank you for the reporting.
Sorry, it is a mistake of trimming.
Fixed stage 2, please redownload.
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

correct name of game is either "ラフワールド", "[rʌf] WORLD", or "Rough World". that's not even an A!

Post by Kaminari »

"rʌf" is indeed the international phonetic pronunciation of rough, but as with many Japanese exotic titles it's hard to guess what the developers originally meant (if they meant anything at all).
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

the bigger problem is that it's being called "raf", which is simply wrong. presumably after they lost the terminator license, the game was renamed to "Rough". supposedly a proto with this name is floating around somewhere, and "ROUGH" appears instead of "JOURNEY TO SILIUS" in the sound test.

notice how the "WORLD" seems tacked on? likely they went with ipa because "rough" was too simple of a name, then tossed in a "world" when even that wasn't good enough.

Post by Kaminari »

Good point about the sound test.
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

Kaminari wrote:[...]but as with many Japanese exotic titles it's hard to guess what the developers originally meant (if they meant anything at all).
came across this again and god this still just makes me so angry. i didn't want to say anything then, but whatever now. the typical japanese creative has a much better grasp of english than the typical english speaker, and the vast majority of these "japanese exotic titles" are pretty reasonable.

just another offshoot of "engrish" is all it is. same silent racism from a different mouth.

Post by Kaminari »

Despatche wrote:same silent racism from a different mouth
Wow, bad mood today? Why did it take you a whole year to shoot back at me, especially in such a foul and aggressive way?

Your behaviour is uncalled for. I had much respect for you, but don't call me a racist when you don't know a bloody thing about me. I'm not assuming anything about you. I'm not an English native speaker and I don't care whether you are one or not. I'm personally familiar with Japanese society and culture, and I was simply musing about the sometimes funky use of English names in Japanese music/games. I was not making an ethnic statement. You are the one talking about "Engrish" (which is a word I hate). So yeah, sorry if the word "exotic" turned you into an angry social justice warrior lurking in the interweb shadows for the right time to strike, but there are more important fights to pick up in life.

And I thought we were here to enjoy the music amongst decent, grown-up people from around the world. Nope, there's always someone to shit on your face.

Post by vampirefrog »

Kaminari wrote:And I thought we were here to enjoy the music amongst decent, grown-up people from around the world.
Don't forget handsome and talented.
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

Kaminari wrote:Wow, bad mood today? Why did it take you a whole year to shoot back at me, especially in such a foul and aggressive way?
because, just like i tell everyone else, i can't always be here to respond slavishly to things people aren't even going to read anyway.

because i didn't. i'm pretty obviously referring to something that english speakers as a whole do, not anything personal that you do.
Kaminari wrote:I had much respect for you
don't even bother lying. noone has respect for me. that's why i'm even bothering with this.
Kaminari wrote:but don't call me a racist when you don't know a bloody thing about me. I'm not assuming anything about you
i didn't.
Kaminari wrote:I'm not an English native speaker and I don't care whether you are one or not. I'm personally familiar with Japanese society and culture, and I was simply musing about the sometimes funky use of English names in Japanese music/games. I was not making an ethnic statement.
please be aware that this makes things worse and does start to make it personal. please understand that what you are saying is, by definition, an ethnic statement.
Kaminari wrote:You are the one talking about "Engrish" (which is a word I hate). So yeah, sorry if the word "exotic" turned you into an angry social justice warrior lurking in the interweb shadows for the right time to strike, but there are more important fights to pick up in life.
again, what you're talking about is the textbook definition of "engrish", and you are now giving it a horrible context that you really need to stop doing. please.

i am not an "sjw", and there really aren't. for every starving child in cambodia you can show me, i can show you millions upon millions of people all over the world who legitimately do not give a shit.
Kaminari wrote:And I thought we were here to enjoy the music amongst decent, grown-up people from around the world. Nope, there's always someone to shit on your face.
i do not like the implications of you taking this so personally. i haven't called you anything, and i was talking about one of the most well-known memes in the entire world. at no point have i tried to "trick" you or use vague language.

the only thing i'm going to accuse you of is being dishonest about your so-called "musing". see above.

Post by vampirefrog »

Hey dude, the only person that has to respect you is yourself.

I like that you're venting, that's healty for you, and remember you can also be constructive, that's healthy for everyone.

Post by vampirefrog »

What happened with this conversation, you guys never agreed upon a title?
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

After reading the thread, I propose "Laugh World". Arguing about the transcription of a Japanese name is pointless. The original name would be the one in the Japanese script, the transcriptions we use are different interpretations and nothing else.

Post by vampirefrog »

Has social justice been served?