Hideki Yamamoto
SystemSNK Neo Geo
Sound ChipsYM2610
Tracks14
Playing time24:07
Pack authorTom
Pack version1.05
Last Update2014-06-10

Download NeoGeo/Over_Top_(Neo_Geo).zip (2 208 984 bytes)

Pack author's comment
I love BGM2 :)
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

ValleyBell directed me to this website, I didn't know about it, which is why I labeled the songs in the pack with handmade names (based on the captions that appear on the screen) and not with their official titles.
Sadly, I can't use it as a reference for the titles of the 7 BGM songs, as I have no way to know how they're sorted on that album. My BGM1 might as well be their BGM7.
Also known as nineko.
  • Knurek Offline

Post by Knurek »

Why not use M1 playlist, which has the titles from the OST to identify the tracks?

Playlists for M1 are available from here: http://www.e2j.net/downloads.html

Admin edit: removed fullquote
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Interesting, according to that list, the in-game BGM order (which I used in my pack) is wrong; not a big deal, I can easily renumber them. I'm just surprised that the in-ROM, the in-game, and the in-OST orders are so different between eachother.

However, that list contains some mistakes and inaccuracies.

Code: Select all

#048 Hold On (How to Play - Select)
No: that song isn't used on the "How to Play", which has no music (only engine noise). As for the "Select", the game says "Car Select" on the screen, so I'll label it as "Hold On (Car Select)".

#052 You're the Champ (Name Entry)
That song is used for both the Name Entry AND the "Demonstration Play" (as labeled on the screen). I was aware of this, but I thought to give it only the latter name (and put it at the beginning of the playlist, accordingly) since I didn't think the "Name Entry" was such an important role for this song; however, given the title, I guess it should be moved to the end, but I'll probably label it as "You're the Champ (Name Entry, and Demonstration Play)".

#050 Natural Conclusion (Finish)
I'll go with on-screen text again, so this will be "Natural Conclusion (Congratulation!)"

#049 Successful Conclusion
Likewise, this one doesn't even have a given usage, and I'll label it as "Successful Conclusion (Winner)".

#010 Rotterdam? (BGM 1)
Gotta love question marks in titles. This one will have a correct label, but a wrong filename, I guess.

#012 No Pain (Credit Roll)
If I go by in-game text, this one should be just "No Pain (Staff)". However, since "Staff" means nothing by its own, I'll label it as "No Pain (Staff Roll)".

#051 Emergency of the Road (Opening)
The link provided by ValleyBell with the official OST says "Emergency on the Road", so I'll believe it.

tl;dr I'll use the official sources, but I'll fix their mistakes.

edit: evidence of the on-screen names (unoptimised PNGs, but eh):
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Also known as nineko.