Skip to content

vgmrips.net preferences page bugs

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Delek Offline

vgmrips.net preferences page bugs

Post by Delek »

I changed how much packs a page will load, and then vgmrips.net started to look like a 1998 website. (only white background and blue text)
This pushed me to search how the preferences page was coded. I found 2 bugs.

BUG 1:
Steps to reproduce it:
* Go to preferences.
* You will see that for a seconds a "[[t]]" will be displayed on the combobox of the themes.
* If you have a slow connection or you stop the page in order to press save before the [[t]] changes to the actual list -> the skin will be wrongly loaded destroying the website.

Solutions:
* Change the default value of the list "[[t]]" to a known working theme, for example, "darkly".
* Check serverside if the requested skin already exists, if doesn't, don't do anything.

BUG 2:
The limit of page load count is 200, however, that limit is only a client side restriction. I changed the line:
Packs per page: <input class="form-control" id="packs-per-page" name="preferences[packs-per-page]" type="number" min="1" max="200" value="200">
to
Packs per page: <input class="form-control" id="packs-per-page" name="preferences[packs-per-page]" type="number" min="1" max="9999" value="9999">
And the site didn't complain and actually changed the value, I can now see, for example, all 631 uploads of Sonic of 8 in a single request.

Solution:
* Check serverside if the value is actually <=200.

Post by vampirefrog »

Thanks for reporting, I've done some fixes. The preferences page now only displays when fully rendered (it uses angular.js), via ng-cloak. Also I've limited some settings server-side.