Skip to content

Site suggestion: Pack reviews

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• drdevil Offline

Site suggestion: Pack reviews

Post by drdevil »

I have an idea for the site: pack reviews.

Basically, this idea would allow users to add reviews of packs. The review can be as long or as short as they want it to be. I believe this may help people decide whether to download a pack or not (basically, it functions almost like an album review).

What do you think?
I'm HarmoDevil. Formerly Dr Devil, but I still use the drdevil username here.

Check out my Soundcloud.

I might get back to VGM ripping someday.

Post by Kaminari »

I think it would be redundant with the forum (individual packs already have their own forum topic), as most people would inevitably use this 'review' system to discuss or criticize technical matters that would be better suited here.
  • drdevil Offline

Post by drdevil »

Ah, that's one thing I forgot to mention. Of course, there are forum topics for each pack, but if everyone was reviewing the packs on each topic, the "Latest forum threads" on the front page might be flooded.

By the way, my plan was for the person to review the pack on its pack page (not the forum topic).

Check out my Soundcloud.

• bmos Offline

Post by bmos »

i really like the idea.. but like Kaminarimon said, it might be a bit redundant and fragment the site more with ppl posting on both for the same thing.

maybe there is a good way to make this work?

Post by vampirefrog »

The new site will have per-pack reviews + ratings (so you can review and give a number of stars at the same time).
  • drdevil Offline

Post by drdevil »

vampirefrog wrote:The new site will have per-pack reviews + ratings (so you can review and give a number of stars at the same time).
Yay :D

Check out my Soundcloud.