Skip to content

Improvements to the company page?

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• gotanda Offline

Improvements to the company page?

Post by gotanda »

https://vgmrips.net/packs/companies

The page has images of different companies' logos on it, and text versions of the company names, but it might not look ideal because of the different sizes of the logos, so it might be better to keep all of the company names as text.

Also, more important reason (for me) of using text only is that using ctrl + f to find a specific company doesn't work with those companies that have logos. I think you could fix that without removing the images if you wanted them, though, by having a table cell with transparent text or something.

It's a minor nitpick, though, and probably won't have a huge impact on useability.
  • Shywolf Offline

Post by Shywolf »

gotanda wrote:... Also, more important reason (for me) of using text only is that using ctrl + f to find a specific company doesn't work with those companies that have logos. ...
This is a bit of a thing for me as well.

I could see one benefit for listing both logos and the according company name in text form (perhaps positioned on the right side of the logo): for example, Ryokusui Software is listed with its logo, but it's not immediately apparent for those not in the know that that logo stands for Ryokusui Software unless there is some text there to clarify (or they click through).

Post by vampirefrog »

fixed
  • gotanda Offline

Post by gotanda »

Thanks. It looks better now and it's more convenient to use.
  • Shywolf Offline

Post by Shywolf »

Great! Thanks from me too.
  • 2ch-H Offline

Post by 2ch-H »

I think that it is convenient for companies (sound chip and system and composers) to have an alphabet filter.
Is there no plan to add it?
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

An alphabet filter would be a nice thing. In the meanwhile you could always use Ctrl+F... This works on the composer page, but it doesn't fully work on the company page due to the aforementioned issue with logos.
  • Shywolf Offline

Post by Shywolf »

ctr wrote:An alphabet filter would be a nice thing. In the meanwhile you could always use Ctrl+F... This works on the composer page, but it doesn't fully work on the company page due to the aforementioned issue with logos.
Well, Vampi fixed the logo thing; one can Ctrl+F on the company page just fine now.

Anyways, I also think an alphabet filter would be nice.