vgmrips

The forum about vgm files
It is currently 2019-01-18, 2:12:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2019-01-12, 14:39:08 

Hello

I have recently found myself with a collection of MDX files to X680000 games, some of which are not up on VGMrips yet. I'm wondering if there a way to convert these MDX files to VGM or VGZ for easier splitting of channels and such. I checked the forum to see if anyone else had answers to this before joining not to waste anyone's time but couldn't find any.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2019-01-12, 14:44:51 

Contributors Contributors
Staff Staff
Reverse engineers Reverse engineers

Try Delek's mdx2vgm. Note that it does not handle the PCM8 (8-channel ADPCM mixing) used by some MDX file. Also there is a thread on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2019-01-12, 17:50:12 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Ball Fondlers Ball Fondlers

Speore wrote:
Hello

I have recently found myself with a collection of MDX files to X680000 games, some of which are not up on VGMrips yet. I'm wondering if there a way to convert these MDX files to VGM or VGZ for easier splitting of channels and such. I checked the forum to see if anyone else had answers to this before joining not to waste anyone's time but couldn't find any.

Thanks

I am working on such a tool but it is in progress. There is an existing working tool that converts to MIDI, though.

If you like this post, give it a big thumbs up and hit that subscribe button down below! And as always, thanks for reading, and see you next post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2019-01-13, 2:38:45 

The release on Delek's mdx2vgm thread is dead and the github isn't very helpful to me.
Interested in vampirefrogs release, got the mdx2midi working after having to find a missing dll (libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll).
tested it out with a track from OverTake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2019-01-13, 4:34:11 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Ball Fondlers Ball Fondlers

if you just want to mute channels, try the HDS image in XM6 TypeG. You'll need to find the ROM files as well, and I think this tutorial can help you setup stuff.

Once you get MMDSP working (which comes installed with the HDS file), you can press 1-9 to mute individual channels. I don't know how to mute channels 10 to 16, but it's probably possible. You can also log VGM files with XM6 Pro-68k.

Also, thanks for reporting the need for that DLL.

If you like this post, give it a big thumbs up and hit that subscribe button down below! And as always, thanks for reading, and see you next post.