Sound ChipsQSound
Tracks34
Playing time33:26
Pack authorTom
Pack version1.00
Last Update2012-06-23

• Shaddap Offline

Post by Shaddap »

First off, just want to say thank you to ValleyBell and everyone else here in the VGM scene for all the awesome work, time, and effort you've all put into these releases and in_vgm itself. I've been a long time lurker over at smspower and felt like it was time to make myself (somewhat) useful around here. lol

On-topic: It seems that track 28 of this pack (28 Dan Ending.vgz) is botched. I've downloaded it a couple times and an unexpected error pops upon extraction.

EDIT: Hmm...along with that, the rest of the tracks don't play at all. Track times are all correct but I get nothing but silence. (resolved, had to update to in_vgm .40.2)
Last edited by Shaddap on 2012-07-10, 6:44:04, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

This is one of the ZIP files I created personally, and I can guarantee you it's 100% working, I would never upload a broken ZIP file.

I am at work right now, so I can't check it with the tools I have at home, but I've been able to download this ZIP file and extract all the files with both Winrar (a random version that there is on this computer) and the built-in ZIP support in Windows XP.

I quickly downloaded an old ms-dos version of pkunzip.exe just to be extra safe, and it worked with that one too.
Also known as nineko.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I tested it and WinRAR and 7zip have no problems with it, but the unpacker that's part of Windows 7 (likely the one that's present since XP) can't extract track 28. All others work.

Which program did you use to pack it?
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

I used 7zip; this is indeed a weird issue, because I could extract all the tracks with XP's native decompressor. This is a bug that should be reported to Microsoft, I guess.
Also known as nineko.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I fixed the file. If it didn't work, please download again.
  • Shaddap Offline

Post by Shaddap »

Yup, works perfectly now, thank you! And it didn't occur to me to try winrar/7zip, as I had left the default Windows zip file association intact. Pretty odd for that one file to have an issue while all the rest were just fine.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Microsoft always find new ways to do things wrong. Their ZIP support worked fine in Windows XP, but apparently it doesn't work right in Windows 7. Nice. At least now we know.
Also known as nineko.