Skip to content

Question regarding 'Systems' and Downloads

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Raijin Offline

Question regarding 'Systems' and Downloads

Post by Raijin »

So to be brief, on the Packs page under 'Systems' you have Genesis and Mega Drive separate for some reason. Why is that? Why not combine them to Genesis/Mega Drive or something like this?

About Downloads, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a bulk download feature per system. That is, under x system there would be a link to download all packs for that system. Is that feasible at all? I'm guessing likely not.

Re: Question regarding 'Systems' and Downloads

Post by Kaminari »

I think it was originally a "regional" thing -- listing the soundtrack according to the region release (Genesis for US, Mega Drive for the rest of the world). Unsurprisingly, contributors tend to list their pack under the name they are most familiar with. I agree it doesn't make much sense.

Many PC Engine soundtracks are listed as "TurboGrafx", although those games were not all released in the US.
  • andlabs Offline

Re: Question regarding 'Systems' and Downloads

Post by andlabs »

I intend on having al MD packs say "Mega Drive" and "Genesis" at some point in the future. Packs will be updated as theyy are updated for other reasons.