Skip to content

Forum rules

Follow them

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

• Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Forum rules

Post by Tom »

The registration on the vgmrips forum is free and open to everyone, but there are a few basic rules to be followed in order to ensure an enjoyable experience for all the users.
  1. Do not talk about anything that breaks any existing law
    We don't care if you are a criminal in your real life. When you post on this forum you must behave in a good way. If you plan to steal all the money from a bank this is not the place where you can talk about it. This includes Private Messages. Everything is stored on the server along with your IP address, and it will be used against you should any legal trouble arise. Do not link to ROM files. Likewise, we will take down any vgm pack if their original copyright holders will ask us to do so.
  2. Respect other people and their points of view
    In a perfect world, everyone should be everyone else's friend, and there should be no wars. Sadly this world isn't perfect. However, this forum wants to be a place where everyone can feel welcome and spend a good time talking with other friendly people. We won't tolerate any offensive words, or in general any behaviour which might bother any other forum user. You are supposed to respect other people's opinions even when they differ from yours, even though you are welcome to discuss them in a reasonable way. It's better to have one more friend than one more enemy.
  3. Do your best to write in a correct English
    I know, this rule sounds weird since it's being written by someone who isn't a native English speaker, and I'm aware of the fact that I'm the first one who makes errors here and there. Even if English isn't your first language, as long as you do your best to write in an understandable way you will be fine. It is ok to post an occasional message in your native language to ask for help, too, but keep in mind that the official language of this forum is English. Furthermore, try to avoid unnecessary acronyms and abbreviations, 1337speek, memes, and whatever might make your posts harder to understand. Take your time before you hit the "Submit" button, no one is rushing you so proofread what you've written.
  4. Do not post any kind of spam
    If you're here with the sole reason to advertise your website, then you are not welcome. Links to external websites can and should be made whenever appropriate (e.g. articles on Wikipedia), but topics such as "hey, check this out my new website", "there are hot videos on my youtube channel :U" or "I can enlarge your penis!!!11!" will be automatically deleted as soon as they're seen. You are allowed to have a personal website in your profile (even though you can enter it only once your account is activated), but general rules about legality still apply: if your personal website promotes illegal activities it will be removed from your profile without a warning.
  5. Signatures and avatars
    Every user is allowed to have a signature and an avatar. The signature, if present, should not contain any link to any external website. Simple text is preferred, but there can be images as long as they're reasonably small and not distracting. Avatars must be smaller than 144x120 pixels and their filesize must be smaller than 15kB. Exceptions can be made but don't rely on them. If your signature or your avatar are too big, they will be removed, and your ability to have one might be revoked if you insist. Once again, nsfw images won't be tolerated.
  6. Quotes
    Full quotes of the post directly above your one are discouraged, even more so if that post is long and/or contains images, as it seriously hinders readability (especially on devices with small screens). If you want to reply to a specific point of a post, please trim the quote by hand and include only the relevant sentences (just do not change the meaning of the original post, and don't take sentences out of context); try to avoid quoting images unless really necessary. This rule is more relaxed if the quoted post is the last on a page. Multiple small quotes (even from different posts) with individual answers are also ok (there is no multiquote feature on this forum software, but you can copy and paste the quotes by hand).
These rules aren't set in stone and they can be revised at any time if the staff thinks there's the need to do so. The administration in general has the final say on any controversial issue, even ones not listed in the cases above. However this forum doesn't want to be a dictatorship with double standards and favoritisms: everyone should comply with these rules, from the latest newcomer to myself.

Registered users have the ability to report a post if they think it's offensive or it violates any rule, by clicking on the exclamation mark icon in the upper right corner. An administrator will review the report in the shortest possible time. If you abuse your reporting ability it will be revoked.

Any violation of the rules will result in a warning or a temporary suspension. However, relax! This is not TASvideos, we want to be all friends here, and I don't believe in permanent bans. Everyone can learn from their mistakes, and you will always be given a second chance. Don't do anything stupid and you will always be welcome here. We have the chance to make this a wonderful place, together.
Also known as nineko.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Please note the addition of rule #6.
Also known as nineko.