- Sharp X1
- FM-7 (also FM-77AV)
- Sharp X68000
- FM Towns
- Any PC that can play music in YM3812, MIDI devices such as MT-32 and variants or YMF262
- Famicom (NSF)
- Game Boy (GBS)
- Super Famicom (SPC, external)
- Sega Mark III (KSS)
- Sega Mega Drive (ROM, much like M1)
- Sega Game Gear (KSS)
- PC Engine (HES)
- Neo Geo (ROM, much like M1)
- Various Arcade games (ROM, much like M1, some games are not available in M1).
Hoot cannot log VGMs, but tails_ released a utility that converts hoot's S98 files logged to VGM. Using hoot to log S98 files is not recommended though, because they are logged with a low resolution of 100 Hz.
- Hoot Official Website at DMPSOFT /